Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Lullabies

I love the melody and notes to "My Darling Clementine". It's always been one of my favorite songs to sing as a child and it's one of the songs I find myself singing to my boys. And with OJ, I felt compelled to create a little lullaby for him to the tune of "My Darling Clementine".

It goes a little something like this:

In the winter,
In the city,
On a chilly, Thursday morn',
Is a day I will remember,
'Twas the day that you were born.

Oh, my darling.
Oh, my darling.
Oh, my darling Owen Jin.
You're my baby boy forever,
Chubby cheeks and double-chin,
OJ loves it when I sing this song to him, especially when I time the last line with pinching his cheeks and chin. :D


And of course, I had to make one for DB, too. :)
In the spring time,
In the desert,
On a snowy, Monday night,
I held you in my arms and
I knew I loved you at first sight.

Oh, my darling.
Oh, my darling.
Oh, my darling Daniel, son.
You're my baby boy forever
Always laughing, having fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment